Property Maintenance Estimates: FAQ what to expect at first contact:
Learn how the estimating process works for Snow Removal, and Property Maintenance.
Potential customers may be surprised to realize that LOTS of information over the phone and a visual inspection is required for estimating/quotation purposes. We don’t just walk up to a realtor and say “find me a house” or an auto dealership and say “how much is a car”… this is true with landscaping and exterior maintenance as well.
All estimates are given careful consideration for each property, and are not just numbers off the cuff. Even with snow removal, onsite visits are required to get an accurate scope of the project, small or large, as well as asking pertinent terrain questions over the phone. Some driveways are 10ft long others are 800 meters! Commercial projects require extra or specific salting on the asphalt and walkways.
To help demystify the process, here is a sample of some of the information that may be required for each sector…
Residential & Commercial
- Contractor to determine what type of driveway base homeowner has, ex: asphalt, gravel, interlock etc. Gravel is most difficult to plow.
- How long driveway is, some are 10 feet others are lanes at 800 meters, some are double wide, others are single – these measurements impact the pricing
- Is there a specific time homeowner must have property done by, due to medical issues to allow homeowner to attend to doctors, dialysis, or incoming help such as home-care PSW Workers, Social workers, food delivery for seniors, etc.
- Where snow can be piled. On residential streets it can be an issue if snow is piled near neighbours home.
- Are steps and walkways to be hand shoveled and how many?
- Area must be measured.
- Is hand shoveling required and length of walkways.
- Are curbs an obstacle when plowing, as they can be covered over with snow and plows can hit them.
- Is there a time factor to have all plowing, etc. done by?
- Where to pile snow, so as not to take up parking areas.
- Is a salting schedule report required?
Property Maintenance – Fall/Spring: Residential & Commercial
- Area must be measured
- Scope of project – such as leaf and debris removal of parking lots and walk ways
- Leaf cleanup and mulching of garden beds – determining number and size
- Mowing of lawn size whether push mower or commercial machinery, weed eater/trimming considerations and volume of detail work, such as decorative large stones, lamp posts, large number of trees and other considerations.
These points above are just some of the more important reasons as to why having a contractor come out for a visual inspection is both important and necessary as there are too many things that a homeowner may not be aware of and just wants the job done yesterday, so to speak. We hope this has been helpful, and can give you confidence the estimates are calculated and given consideration, and not just out of the blue.
We are a family run business, and are not a giant company, we are insured and bonded, and we have only a certain amount of projects we can do each season, and put our very best into every job.
For 4 season maintenance, we look forward to our regular customers and are always honored when they refer new clients to us.
For more information or to start the process on a quote, call 905-775-5771 or fill in the form below: